Dec 26, 2007

Mongolia Missions Conference

133_3365I (Jeff) had the opportunity to travel with some of our church friends to a missions conference. This conference is focused on Mongolian Christians doing mission work outside of Mongolia. We heard from a missionary dong work in Kazakhstan, northern China, and with the Boriat people in Russia.

133_3373

While the conference was good I probably only understood 20-30 percent of it. The main reason I went was to get to know our new Church friends a little better. We took a 12 hour train ride eating Kimchee noodles at 1 am and returned in a crammed mini-bus. It was fun when they were joking with each other and some would give me a simpler explanation so that I could understand what was going on.

133_3381

I was encouraged that some of the ladies that went are now motivated to action in their Christian life.  Pray that they won't be stuck doing "church" activities but will reach out to those around them with the love and gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments: